BIGSOUND Application Form
We’ve teamed-up with BIGSOUND to give three Tasmanian acts the amazing opportunity perform as part of this year’s festival, which takes place in Brisbane’s Fortitude Valley from 5-8 September.
For the first time ever, Music Tasmania is excited to be hosting an official Lunchtime Party on Wednesday 6 September from 12:30-2:00 pm at the Brightside (Outdoor Stage) in Brisbane.
To be eligible to apply, acts must write and perform original music, and be based in Tasmania.
You need to be working professionally in the music industry, have a strong live presence, actively recording and touring, along with a current Electronic Press Kit (EPK).
The selection panel will consider the following criteria when making their decision:
- Export ready
- Programming fit
- Benefit to the artists/s
Shortlisted artists must be available to:
- Perform at an industry event on Sunday 18 June, during Dark MOFO (set time TBC).
- Travel to Brisbane for BIGSOUND from 5 – 8 September 2017.
The Fine Print
- There is no travel assistance available from BIGSOUND or Music Tasmania and each band will be responsible for landing themselves in Brisbane.
- Tasmanian artists are encouraged to apply for financial support from funding bodies and Music Tasmania will provide support and assistance to artists with their application.
- Acts must be available to play at an Industry Event on Sunday 18 June between midday – 4pm.
- Acts must be available to be in Brisbane from 5 – 8 September 2017.
- One complimentary BIGSOUND delegate pass will be made available to each successful showcase act (Note: additional passes will be available for band members at a discounted rate on request).
The closing date for applications is MIDNIGHT 1 JUNE 2017