Taste of Tasmania Music Program
Expressions of Interest are now open for the Taste of Tasmania’s 2017 Festival Program.
We're pleased as punch to be working with the City of Hobart to present the Music Program for the Taste of Tasmania again this year.
Bands, ensembles, soloists and DJs are invited to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to participate. This year, the programming is taking an exciting new direction! We are looking to program a wide range of music, specifically showcasing music that appeals to families and a fun summer social atmosphere encompassing summer pop, indy, jazz, swing, acoustic and folk.
The event offers seven days and nights of eating, drinking, and entertainment. Transforming Hobart’s waterfront into a festival of food, sounds, colour, and life, showcasing Tasmania’s fantastic produce and diverse talent.
The Taste of Tasmania is committed to providing opportunities for Tasmanian performers including emerging, mid-career and established artists.
When: Wednesday 28 December to Tuesday 3 January (7 days and nights)
Where: Hobart - Princes Wharf Shed No.1, Castray Esplanade, and surrounding areas.
Aims of The Taste of Tasmania
- To provide quality entertainment that celebrates the creativity of local performers and provides an authentic Tasmanian experience for all ages;
- To provide a welcoming and relaxed space for the community, both local and visiting, to gather and celebrate Tasmanian culture and talents;
- To provide a focus for Hobart’s New Year’s Eve celebrations;
- To ensure the highest possible safety standards.
Applications will open on 9 October and will close at 5pm 18 October.
Successful applicants will be notified by 20 October.
Applications that align with the aims of the event, as outlined above, will be considered and evaluated by the Festival team using the following criteria:
- Locality of performers (preference will be given to Tasmanian performers, however artists originating from Tasmania and now living interstate will be considered)
- Variety of performances
- Exclusivity to the festival
- Suitability of act/performer with respect to the overall event
- Quality and type of performance
- Participation at previous events
- Lyrics suitability for all ages family friendly event
Selection for The Taste of Tasmania 2017/2018 is at the discretion of the Festival Producer.
The EOI process is designed to enable interested performers to apply to participate. However, organisers reserve the right to directly approach suitable performers for the event.
TO COMPLETE AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST, CLICK HERE.