Australian musicians are set to save thousands of dollars a year in touring costs after a new preferred supplier deal negotiated between the Australian Music Industry Network and Travel Beyond Group.
In an Australian first, Travel Beyond Group has designed a dedicated travel portal available to members of AMIN’s associated state and territory bodies which offers discounted Virgin Australia fares (domestically and internationally), heavily discounted accommodation rates and ground requirements.
- Savings on all Virgin Australia fare classes between 7% – 20%
- Discounted rates and reduced excess on Car Hire
- Multiple drivers, flexible driver age below 25 (over the age of 21 and full licence required)
- Online portal to book hotels and apartments at best rate including Quest, Mantra, Oaks, Accor, IHG, Starwood, Crownand other boutique properties both in Australia and internationally for groups under 10
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge memberships
- Excess Baggage allowances continue with Virgin Australia and QANTAS
- Free wifi and onsite parking at selected hotels and apartments.
“Last year AMIN surveyed its members about what discounts and benefits they would like us to negotiate for them to complement the excess baggage deal we negotiated with Virgin Australia in 2011” said AMIN Chair Patrick Donovan.
“Well you asked for it – you got it! After discussion with the key travel companies we are thrilled to partner with Travel Beyond Group as our preferred supplier to cut red tape and costs for touring bands. We are particularly thrilled with the 7% discount off the cheapest Virgin Australia flight prices, which will complement the excess baggage discounts and encourage Australian bands to tour more often.’’
“Travel Beyond Group are delighted to be selected as the preferred travel partner of AMIN,’’ said Wonitta Atkins, Business Solutions Manager for the Travel Beyond Group. “The portal is simple to use and offers a travel solution not seen previously in the music industry. We are really excited to be a part of this ‘game changer’ for the industry and look forward to continuing to support local music.’’
The first portal on the Music Victoria site will be set up by March 23 for its annual membership drive, and the other state portals rolling out soon afterwards. Members self-register on the portal where all available fares can be seen so the best available deals can be bought. Musicians can book their entire tour on the portal and will be provided with a detailed itinerary.
You must be a member of one of the following organisations in your state or territory to access the deals:
AMIN is proudly supported by APRA/AMCOS