After canvassing the country for Australia’s next generation of songwriters, 10 aspiring musicians have made it through to the Grand Final of the Telstra Road to Discovery talent development program.
This year’s journey started in July, touring across Australia and selecting a total of 18 unsigned musicians from eight live music performance heats and a digital component, with 10 artists making it through to perform at the Grand Final.
The 10 finalists chosen to compete at the Grand Final on 3 December include:
1. Gordi (Sophie Payten), 21, Canowindra NSW (alternative folk, acoustic guitar), online entry
2. Reuben Koops, 21, Launceston TAS (alternative folk, guitar), online entry
3. Loren Kate, 30, Aldinga SA (alternative folk, acoustic guitar), Adelaide heat winner
4. Asch-Rose Steadman, 23, Sandgate QLD (country blues, acoustic guitar), online entry
5. Joe Mungovan, 20, Kiama NSW (indie/roots, acoustic guitar), Sydney heat winner
6. Dylan Wright, 21, Cronulla NSW (folk/pop, acoustic guitar), online entry
7. Hannah Rosa (Hannah Morrison), 22, Gordon Park QLD (alternative folk/pop, acoustic guitar), Brisbane heat winner
8. Teischa (Teischa Jones), 17, Jolimont WA (contemporary folk, guitar), online entry
9. Riley Pearce, 21, Dalkeith WA (indie folk, acoustic guitar), wildcard entry
10. Larissa Tandy, 38, Murchison VIC (roots, acoustic guitar), online entry
Hosted by Melbourne singer-songwriter Ella Hooper, and alongside performances by the Semi Finalists, audiences were treated to acts from last year’s winners Helen Shanahan from Perth and Christopher Coleman from Hobart.
For more information and to follow the Top 10’s journey through to the Grand Final, visit telstra.com/trtd.